When you hear the word "attention," what do you think of? Some might say it is the act or faculty of attending, especially by directing the mind to an object. Others may say that attention is just being civil and courteous. Well, the attention that I am thinking about is when you stand straight up, shoulders relaxed, feet together, eyes up, horn parallel with the body, and elbows out, but hey, that's just me. I am in the marching band at my high school, and the season has only just begun. We got back from band camp yesterday, and since I am a senior this year, this band camp was my last. Being a senior has its privileges, and I love all of them. You get to tell people what to do, you are respected and looked highly upon, you get to cut in line for food and other events...it's basically amazing. I love band and band camp especially, but band camp this year was depressing, seeing as it was my last one. I teared up every day, then lost it the last night, which is skit night (the night where all classes - guys and girls separately - get together and put on a skit). The week kept getting worse and worse as each moment went by, and you thinking that this is the last time I'll be walking down this road, and I'll never be back here again. The things you are so used to, things you have done for four years, they are all coming to an end. I am dreading senior year, and school hasn't even started yet!! Band camp wasn't all that bad, though, don't get me wrong. It was a blast. The year has gone by so smoothly so far. We usually leave band camp with the opener and a chunk of the next tune. This year, we had the opener down before we even GOT to band camp, and we came home to our performance at our home field with our first 2.5 songs, and we have yet to learn the other 1.5 songs, which will be exciting. Our show this year is entitled "Hollywood." We open with a fanfare from the movie "E.T." then go into "Harry Potter," "Spiderman/Tales from the Crypt Theme," and we are closing with "Star War/E.T." I am PUMPED.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Band Camp
When you hear the word "attention," what do you think of? Some might say it is the act or faculty of attending, especially by directing the mind to an object. Others may say that attention is just being civil and courteous. Well, the attention that I am thinking about is when you stand straight up, shoulders relaxed, feet together, eyes up, horn parallel with the body, and elbows out, but hey, that's just me. I am in the marching band at my high school, and the season has only just begun. We got back from band camp yesterday, and since I am a senior this year, this band camp was my last. Being a senior has its privileges, and I love all of them. You get to tell people what to do, you are respected and looked highly upon, you get to cut in line for food and other events...it's basically amazing. I love band and band camp especially, but band camp this year was depressing, seeing as it was my last one. I teared up every day, then lost it the last night, which is skit night (the night where all classes - guys and girls separately - get together and put on a skit). The week kept getting worse and worse as each moment went by, and you thinking that this is the last time I'll be walking down this road, and I'll never be back here again. The things you are so used to, things you have done for four years, they are all coming to an end. I am dreading senior year, and school hasn't even started yet!! Band camp wasn't all that bad, though, don't get me wrong. It was a blast. The year has gone by so smoothly so far. We usually leave band camp with the opener and a chunk of the next tune. This year, we had the opener down before we even GOT to band camp, and we came home to our performance at our home field with our first 2.5 songs, and we have yet to learn the other 1.5 songs, which will be exciting. Our show this year is entitled "Hollywood." We open with a fanfare from the movie "E.T." then go into "Harry Potter," "Spiderman/Tales from the Crypt Theme," and we are closing with "Star War/E.T." I am PUMPED.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment